Using Live Security Cameras at Your Property
Posted by Gregory DeRouanna on Jan 1, 2021
When it comes to securing your property, nothing works better than a complete security camera system. When combined with other security measures, security camera systems are a reliable way to protect your property. But the question is, what cameras should you choose? Live CCTV cameras or 24/7 recording cameras?
Live security cameras allow you to view live surveillance video footage of your property from anywhere, anytime, including remotely on smartphones and tablets. On the other hand, 24/7 recording cameras capture video footage and store it in a video recorder’s hard disk drive, SD card, or the cloud. The video footage can then be played and viewed later any time you want.
Can CCTV Cameras Deliver Live and Recorded Video?
Yes, absolutely. Systems by CCTV Security Pros provide recording and live remote viewing at no extra cost. That means you can view your cameras from your smartphone anytime with no ongoing fees.
If you’re looking for a system, contact CCTV Security Pros to get started.
How Do Live Surveillance Cameras Work?
CCTV cameras with live viewing are an excellent solution for the active protection of any property. In most cases, modern live CCTV cameras need an internet connection to function properly. You just have to connect them to your home or business network via a wired or wireless connection, and you’ll be able to access live video footage.
IP security cameras are best suited for remote viewing from wherever you are. When combined with a network video recorder, you get to enjoy both live viewing and recorded footage as you can easily record videos 24/7. To enjoy live video footage, here are the simple steps:
- Download and install the surveillance monitoring mobile app or PC software
- Open the app or launch the software and add the security cameras
- Configure your surveillance settings to match your unique monitoring needs
- Click the live CCTV cameras you want and enjoy live video footage
Can You Enjoy Live Viewing With No Internet Connection?
If you have high definition security cameras and want to enjoy live viewing but don’t have an internet connection, you can still enjoy live video footage on your devices. This is how you can do it.
- If you have no WiFi, you can use 4G LTE /5G security cameras that send out live feeds using cellular data from a SIM card supported by a major mobile network provider.
- If you have live IP CCTV cameras but don’t have internet, you can still enjoy live viewing so long as the cameras are connected to the same LAN (local area network). Plug the cameras into a router and power them to enjoy live remote viewing via PC, mobile, or tablet. You can also connect the NVR to a monitor, to enjoy live viewing.
Considerations in Choosing Live CCTV Cameras
When choosing the right security cameras for live remote viewing, you must consider which areas in your home or business you want to monitor. Is it indoors or outdoors? What video quality suits your application best? Consider the available features.
- High video resolution for the best live video quality
- Infrared night vision for day and night surveillance
- Remote viewing at no monthly costs
- Motion detection with real-time alerts for improved security awareness
- Video recording and storage to keep your video footage safe
- Weatherproof and vandal-proof design for reliable performance and functionality
- Adjustable and wide-angle lens for wider monitoring of larger areas
What About Security Cameras That Record Video Footage?
While nearly every live CCTV camera system can store the feed for recording, you need a recorder connected to the system to do it. Many complete security systems today include the recorder with live streaming and video recording capabilities. These are a few of your options for complete systems.
- Security cameras with SD card for motion detection recording (not 24/7 recording)
- Surveillance camera system with NVR and a built-in hard disk drive for 24/7 recording
- Surveillance camera system with DVR and a built-in hard disk drive for 24/7 recording
- Security cameras and system that support cloud storage
Why CCTV Security Pros Cameras?
Whether you want to enjoy convenient and reliable security camera live footage on any internet-enabled device or want a security system that offers 24/7 video recording, get started at CCTV Security Pros. Shop our selection of live security cameras and commercial-grade surveillance systems for live viewing and 24/7 video recording.
We can help you customize your security system to meet the security needs of your property. Our security cameras and systems come with everything you need for quick set-up. Over 60,000 customers trust us.
Looking for a live CCTV camera for your property? Call us at 888.653.2288.