4K Ultra HD security cameras are at the forefront of high-end security applications. They feature a wide range of premium features, including stunningly clear 4K video, powerful night vision, long-range viewing, and more.
Cutting-edge 4K surveillance technology offers better quality and higher resolution, perfect for both indoor and outdoor surveillance. The question is: should you choose a wired 4K security camera system or a 4K wireless security camera system?
Here we look at the differences between wired and wireless 4K security cameras so you can decide what’s best for your property.
What are Wired 4K Security Cameras?
Wired 4K IP security cameras are designed for use with professional-grade network video recorders (NVR). They use advanced Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology and require just one cable to power the cameras and transmit video. These cameras typically use CAT5 or CAT6 ethernet cables to communicate with your home or business network router or NVR.
Wired 4K security camera systems are the industry standard for superior security performance. They deliver exceptional video quality and clarity, making it easier for you to see finer details like license plates and faces even at a greater distance. If you need a surveillance solution that offers superior details, contrast, and low-light performance, go for wired 4K security cameras.
Pros of Wired 4K Security Cameras
- Incredibly crisp and clear images
- Greater zooming capability
- Digital noise reduction for clearer images
- More stable video transmission
- Ideal for securing larger properties
- No interference with signals or connection
- More secure surveillance network
- More consistent video quality
- Simple plug-and-play installation
Cons of Wired 4K Security Cameras
- Installation requires running cable back to the recorder
- More installation time is generally needed
- Cameras and systems can’t easily be moved
- Vulnerable to power outages - can be mitigated with a backup power option
- Invasive installation
What are Wireless 4K Security Cameras?
Unlike wired 4K security cameras and systems, wireless 4K security cameras or Wi-Fi security cameras are connected to a power source via cable and connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. This means that these cameras have to be plugged into a power outlet. Keep in mind that 4K wireless security cameras and systems are not wire-free.
When wireless cameras are powered by a battery, they’re considered wire-free cameras. In this case, we’re focusing on wireless 4K security cameras. These cameras store video on local media, such as a micro SD card in the camera or on the cloud so that you can access it from anywhere.
Pros of Wireless 4K Security Cameras
- Easier to install anywhere and adjust
- More advanced features like machine learning and two-way audio
- Flexible and portable
- Can be moved anywhere to suit surveillance needs
- Easy to add additional cameras
- Lower setup cost
Cons of Wireless 4K Security Cameras
- Dependent on Wi-Fi strength
- Security risk of being hacked
- Susceptible to wireless interference
- Don’t support large installations
- More expensive in the long-run
- Must be individually plugged into power outlets
- Monthly fee for cloud storage
Features of the Best 4K Security Cameras and Systems
Whether you opt for a wireless or wired 4K security camera system, it’s vital to ensure you’re getting the right features. At CCTV Security Pros, we bring you professional-grade security cameras and systems with a wide range of superior features that protect your home, business, or other property.
- 4K Ultra HD video resolution for incredibly crisp and clear images
- Remote viewing via PC, smartphone, or tablet at no monthly cost
- Reliable day and night surveillance - indoors and outdoors
- Advanced digital noise reduction that ensures clearer images
- Greater camera zooming capability so you never miss any detail
- Powerful infrared night vision of up to 100 ft. in total darkness
- Advanced 4K Network Video Recorders - easy to customize and set up
- Wide-angle fixed lens (2.8mm)
- Real-time motion alerts and email notifications on mobile
- Real-time motion detection and PTZ security camera control
- 24/7 video footage recording, searching, and playback
- Detailed surveillance video analytics for enhanced monitoring
- Simple plug-and-play installation (save thousands in installation costs)
Learn more about our wired 4K security camera systems and wireless cameras from security PROS - get free unlimited USA tech support.
Call 888.653.2288 to speak with a security expert.