Today, security cameras offer incredible features and capabilities that enhance the security of your property, ensure the safety of your loved ones, and give you peace of mind when you’re away. To get the best results, you’ll need to select the best security cameras to meet your surveillance needs. With a wide range of options to choose from, you might have one question in mind - what is the best quality CCTV camera?
The answer lies in choosing the best type for each location to provide comprehensive coverage. Here, we look at the most important considerations to make when choosing the best security camera. At any time, you can browse the cameras that make up a complete system, or make a free call to consult a surveillance expert at CCTV Security Pros. Call 888.653.2288 weekdays 9 AM - 6 PM EST.
Why Do You Need Security Cameras?
This should be the first question you consider, as the answer will dictate the features your security cameras will need, the storage required for recorded footage, and the number of security cameras you’ll need to install. Here are some of the common reasons customers seek out security cameras:
- Enhanced Security Capabilities - First and foremost, a new security camera system can enhance the security of your business or property. When connected to a video recorder, you can enjoy remote video surveillance from a PC, smartphone, or tablet. This enables you to monitor your business anytime, anywhere. So ask yourself, what is the best quality CCTV camera to enhance your security?
- Reduce Theft and Shrinkage - Security cameras can help you reduce theft and deter inventory shrinkage in your business. According to experts, 90% of theft in businesses is internal. Security cameras can also help ensure that safety and operational procedures are being followed by the employees of your business. Surveillance gives you peace of mind you can’t get anywhere else.
- Stay in the Know - More homeowners and businesses are installing security cameras in strategic places to stay aware of what’s going on at their property while they’re away. For homeowners, security cameras can help track deliveries, unexpected visits, and even monitor kids and pets with indoor and outdoor security cameras.
Do You Need Security Cameras Indoors or Outdoors?
What is the best quality CCTV camera for your indoor or outdoor surveillance needs? Indoor security cameras typically don’t need protective housing. By contrast, outdoor security cameras should be rated to stand up to the most extreme weather and temperatures in your area.
Outdoor security cameras also feature vandal-proof and weatherproof housing to ensure reliable and durable surveillance. Single-use security cameras for both indoors and outdoors are becoming more popular.
Should You Choose Wired or Wireless?
When determining what the best quality CCTV camera is for you, consider whether you’ll need wireless cameras. Wired security cameras are widely known for their high-quality resolution and consistent surveillance monitoring as they’re less susceptible to interruptions and interference. However, they do require cable connections for connecting to the internet or recording on a video recorder.
Wireless security cameras transmit live or recorded footage via a WiFi network. These cameras don’t need a cable connection for internet viewing or recording, but still need a power connection cable. They’re easy to install and move to different locations. There are also battery-powered cable-free cameras for indoor surveillance in homes. Consider your options carefully before choosing security cameras to fit your needs.
How Do You Want to View Your Footage?
As you evaluate what the best quality CCTV camera is for your needs, keep in mind that you’ll need a way to view the live or recorded footage you capture. Security cameras can be connected to a Digital Video Recorder or a Network Video Recorder depending on whether you’re connecting analog, HD-over-Coax, or IP security cameras.
Do you want to view surveillance footage from your security cameras on your PC, smartphone, or tablet? Whichever way, you need to choose the most convenient option for you. The good news is, most modern security systems provide remote viewing on any internet-enabled device via a dedicated mobile app or PC software. If you want to monitor and record your security camera footage continuously, consider your storage needs too. Having real-time access to your surveillance footage is critical when it comes to enhancing the security of your property.
What Type of Security Camera Fits Your Needs?
What is the best quality CCTV camera type for your home or business? There are different types of security cameras.
- Dome cameras - Feature a protective dome and are ideal for indoor surveillance
- Bullet cameras - Smaller, sleeker, and typically installed in outdoor areas
- Professional box cameras - Traditional-style cameras mostly used outdoors
- PTZ cameras - Capable of pan-tilt-zoom control, allowing wider surveillance of large areas
- Hidden cameras - Perfect for discreet monitoring in strategic locations
- Wireless camera - Ideal for situations where you simply can’t run cables
What Security Camera Features Do You Need?
Different features are available depending on whether you want indoor or outdoor security cameras, wireless or wired security camera, and other factors. For purposes of determining what is the best quality CCTV camera for your surveillance needs, it’s crucial to look out for these core features:
- High Resolution - This is the most important as it determines the quality of the images or video footage you get from your security cameras. The best security cameras should provide at least 1080p to 4K Ultra HD resolution. The higher the number of pixels, the mode detail your footage will have.
- Night Vision - Get security cameras that feature infrared night vision so you can capture high-quality footage even in complete darkness. Look out for wide dynamic range cameras too to ensure clear footage both in low-light or no-light conditions.
- Motion Detection - This feature is critical when you want to limit the amount of unnecessary footage that is recorded. Your security cameras will only record when the sensors detect motion. With a complete surveillance system, you can get real-time alerts and notifications on your phone whenever motion is detected.
- Weatherproof and Vandal-proof Design - This is important for outdoor security cameras that are constantly exposed to the elements. To ensure reliable performance in any weather conditions, ensure that the security cameras are weatherproof. The vandal-proof design also protects the cameras from any form of vandalism.
- Other Features - There are many more features you should look for, including wide-angle viewing, digital zoom, the latest video compression technology, and others.
Shop Professional-Grade Security Cameras
Wondering what the best quality CCTV camera is for your needs? Get started at CCTV Security Pros. We provide professional-grade security cameras and systems for your business, home, or other property. Our knowledgeable security experts are here to help you find the best security cameras and customize a security system that fits your property. Learn more about how to choose the right system type for your CCTV security cameras.
Here are the benefits of your security cameras:
- High-quality video feed - 1080p up to 4K
- Easy plug & play setup
- Remote viewing of live and recorded video on PC, smartphone, or tablet
- Record video on schedule or detected motion
- Convenient video footage retrieval by detected motion
- Mobile alerts of detected motion
- 3-year warranty and 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Experienced USA-based tech support on-call
- Free shipping