How to Select the Best Affordable Security Cameras
Posted by Gregory DeRouanna on Jan 18, 2021
Find affordable security cameras for your home or business? Learn how to spot the best cameras and compare professional-grade systems at CCTV Security Pros.
Whether you want just one security camera or a few cameras to monitor your property from multiple angles, these features and aspects can help you find the best cameras for the money.
Features of the Most Affordable Security Cameras
Free Remote Viewing - Many surveillance companies charge a monthly fee for remote viewing, so you’re able to watch your footage from your smartphone. The most affordable security cameras in the long-run are the ones that provide this for free at no ongoing cost.
Easy Installation - It can cost thousands of dollars to have a system professionally installed. Look for simple installation systems with plug & play setup. You can save thousands by installing these systems yourself with the help of their support team.
Modern Camera Types - The systems that will save you the most money are the ones that will last year after year before breaking down or becoming outdated. IP camera systems are the latest and greatest, and can last for a decade or more.
Determine Your Security Needs
When sourcing security cameras, it helps to know what you’re looking for before shopping around. That will help you narrow down your options. Here are some questions to help you figure out what you want and need in affordable security cameras.
- Would you like to view your security camera feed from your smartphone, tablet, or computer? Many camera companies charge extra ongoing fees for this, but find it free at CCTV Seurity Pros.
- Do you want to use the security camera(s) inside or outside? If using your cameras outside, make sure they’re weather resistant.
- Do you want more than one security camera? For multiple cameras, you’ll need a multi-channel video recorder sold separately, or as part of a complete system.
- Do you need high-quality video for details like faces and license plates? You may want to look for cameras that support 2K video or even 4K video.
- Do you want two-way audio so you can listen in and talk through the camera? IP cameras like our Blue Line include some cameras with this feature.
- Do you prefer wired cameras or want wireless cameras with rechargeable batteries? Wireless camera systems are more flexible for placement, but they’re not the best as permanent security solutions.
- Are you interested in hidden security cameras? Disguised as objects like motion sensors or smoke detectors, hidden cameras can be a great addition to your network.
- Are you after controllable Pan Tilt Zoom cameras? There are PTZ cameras you can control right from your phone or computer, but this is generally a high-end feature. They’re affordable security cameras in consideration of their value, but the cost is quite high.
What Type of Security Camera Do You Need?
Keep in mind that there are various types of security cameras to choose from when comparing the most affordable options in the market. Now that you know what features you need, consider a camera type that best suits your security applications.
Infrared bullet cameras Dome cameras Box cameras Wireless cameras PTZ controllable cameras
Even when buying affordable security cameras, you can mix and match different types of security cameras depending on your monitoring needs to create a complete surveillance system for comprehensive security coverage.
See our guide on Choosing the Right Security Camera System, or all an expert here at CCTV Security Pros.
Shop at CCTV Security Pros
Remember, many surveillance providers will try and lock you into a contract with monthly fees in exchange for access to your footage. Watch for those kinds of hidden costs, and consider sourcing your system with CCTV Security pros. Our systems are in use at 60,000+ locations nationwide.
- Free shipping on products
- 3-year product warranty
- Free unlimited USA-based tech support
- 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee
Shop affordable security cameras online. Need help or advice? Call our security experts at 888.653.2288 or contact us online.