Security cameras are in the midst of a growing technological revolution, with more intelligent and sharper resolution surveillance solutions being made available on the market at increasingly competitive prices. 360-degree PTZ security cameras are high-end options for business and property owners today, as they feature wider coverage (all-seeing panoramic coverage) and leave no blind spots of your surveillance monitoring zone.
A growing number of end users are adopting the use of security cameras with a 360-degree view and pan-tilt-zoom features that allow them to move the cameras up, down, right, left, and even zoom. These cameras are especially useful in facilities or properties that need surveillance of wide open areas, such as loading bays, warehouses, parking lots, retail locations, airports, and public spaces. In most applications, a single 360-degree security camera can continuously monitor and record a wide area and replace up to seven traditional security cameras.
As more businesses and homeowners take advantage of growing technological capabilities in security cameras, we can expect to see more investment in cutting-edge and cost-effective camera technology that is not only appealing but also more vital than ever. So, what makes security cameras with 360-degree view special?
How 360-degree Security Cameras Work
Some security cameras with a 360-degree view come equipped with fish-eye lenses that record everything within a 360-degree panoramic view. However, the recorded videos need to be tied into dewarping software so you can get the best image. The software can either be in-built inside the camera or come separately as a part of the surveillance monitoring and management software.
PTZ Security Cameras with 360-Degree View
PTZ security cameras offer rapid panning and tilt speeds, with a continuous 360-degree rotation that enables quick camera movement and focus on different subjects or objects in a surveillance area. With the optical zoom feature, business owners can focus on finer details that matter like people’s faces and car license plates. Most of these PTZ security cameras with a 360-degree view come with a range of pre-set viewing tours and can be customized with specific user-defined patterns to maximize the coverage area.
This ensures that a single PTZ camera can replace multiple cameras in a single area and take your surveillance monitoring needs to the next level with cameras that are not only wide-viewing but also all-seeing. For businesses and homeowners that are looking for an effective and cost-saving solution to monitor wide-range properties with just a single camera, PTZ cameras with a 360-degree view are the best option.
Benefits of PTZ Security Cameras with 360-Degree View
When compared to fixed security cameras, Pan-tilt-zoom security cameras with a 360-degree view offer different benefits, including:
- Wide Coverage - With endless pan and camera tilt rotation, PTZ cameras can cover an entire 360-degree area without blind spots, and can comfortably be used to monitor an entire facility, open spaces, offices, and other areas that need wide-angle monitoring.
- Significant Cost Savings - By eliminating the need to have multiple security cameras to monitor large facilities or properties, a single PTZ camera helps minimize costs related to installations and accessories like wiring work for multiple cameras and the follow-up maintenance needed. You get to save a lot of money by relying on a single 360-degree view camera.
- Excellent Zoom Function - PTZ security cameras with 360-degree view allow you to zoom in and out to get more details from surveillance images or enjoy a wider viewing angle without compromising image quality.
- Customizable Preset Functions - You can set up several preset options so you can see an area much faster and accurately by selecting the required positions. You can also choose from different tour functions and combine them with your own monitoring positions so you can patrol predefined surveillance areas on autopilot.
- Infrared Night Vision - One of the core features of PTZ security cameras in the market today is the infrared feature that offers longer night vision capabilities. Some of these cameras can see up to distances of 200 feet away in complete darkness.
- Auto Motion Tracking - Most PTZ security cameras with a 360-degree view come with exceptional auto- motion tracking capabilities that can help you detect and track any moving objects or persons within the monitoring area. This feature is suitable for locations where you don’t expect any movement, such as an office after working hours.
Installing Your 360-Degree View Cameras
PTZ 360 fisheye security cameras should be placed in a strategic location so that you can make the best out of the features they provide. Here’s what you should do?
- Avoid installing them in or near a corner, as the walls will hinder the panoramic view. Fixed wide-angle cameras may be more effective in these cases
- Keep the cameras away from electric entrance doors and air conditioner vents
- Install with expansion screws for durable surveillance
- The camera should not be installed near ceiling lamps or bright lights are they could affect image quality
Where to Buy PTZ Security Cameras With 360-Degree View
You can buy PTZ security cameras with a 360-degree panoramic view from sources like CCTV Security Pros. There is a variety of these cameras now available for indoor and outdoor surveillance applications. Most of these cameras support remote viewing, allowing you to view live video footage from anywhere and any time via smartphone, PC or tablet.
As 360-degree surveillance technology develops and becomes more affordable, more end-users are expected to move away from outdated and analog systems to IP-enabled solutions that can effectively offer multi-dimensional surveillance and improve security efforts. Shop high-performance and top-rated PTZ security cameras with a 360-degree view at CCTV Security Pros today or contact us online if you need help with product selection.