Surveillance camera technology has come a long way. Today, you can get a motion alert on your cell phone when your security cameras detect movement at your front door, storefront, or stockroom. An alert like this could pop up on your smartphone when at work or away for a business trip, and your next move is to simply click in the surveillance app to see what’s happening. That’s how you enjoy remote surveillance viewing on your phone.
Keeping an eye on your business or property is important. All you need is a capable cell phone security camera system. If you’re wondering how to connect security cameras to your cell phone, here’s our simple guide on how it works and the features you should consider for the best remote viewing experience:
How to Connect Security Cameras to a Mobile Phone
To get your home or business security cameras linked to your cell phone and see what goes on while you’re away, you need a quality security camera or system and surveillance app that supports both the Android and iOS systems. The good thing is, almost all security cameras today, especially IP security cameras can now be linked to mobile phones. But there are huge differences in surveillance apps.
The best choice is to start with hardware designed for easy-to-use and effective software like the CCTV Security Pros surveillance mobile app for all of our commercial-grade security camera systems. Self-developed cell phone apps provided by the security camera manufacturer are the best option.
How to Find Security Cameras That Will Connect to Your Phone
The key thing to look out for in security cameras that connect to your phone is the remote viewing functionality. With this function, cameras can be linked to devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Be sure to check whether the security camera supports both (iOS or Android) operating systems and if they can link to your phone and work appropriately. It’s a good idea to check what other buyers are saying about connecting the specific security cameras to their cell phones and how easy it is to use the app. A great camera can easily be ruined by its app. If the security camera seamlessly links with your cell phone, then that’s a good pick.
How to Connect Your Security Camera(s) to Your Phone
Once you’re sure that your security cameras can be linked to your phone, follow four simple steps to enjoy remote viewing on-the-go. With cell phone security camera systems by CCTV Security Pros, remote viewing on phones can now be set up very easily by scanning a QR code on the NVR. Whether you own an iPhone, a Samsung Galaxy, an LG, a Google Pixel, or other types of phones, here’s what you need to do to connect our security cameras to your mobile phone:
- Install our security camera mobile app on your device
- Launch the surveillance app and add your security camera(s)
- Click the security camera(s) linked to your cell phone and enjoy live viewing
- Set custom surveillance configurations like motion detection mode, upload path, alerts frequency, and others to meet your specific surveillance monitoring needs.
Once you’ve completed these initial steps, you can see the live view of your security cameras in your home or business, save and playback the video recordings, and even enjoy additional features like talking to the person on the other end on screen via the security camera connected to your cell phone. The security camera app should be easy to use so you can enjoy an excellent remote viewing experience on your phone.
Features to Look Out For to Enjoy Superior Remote Viewing
What you can achieve with your security cameras linked to your cell phone will be determined by their features. For instance, maybe you want to clearly see a burglar’s face, see license plates at a distance, or even listen to what’s going on in your workplace and talk to your loved ones at home. You can only experience such capabilities if you choose the right features for your security cameras that connect to your phone.
Here are the top features you need for superior remote viewing on the phone:
- High Resolution for High-Quality Images - 2MP (1080p) has been the standard for the last few years, but we recommend all cameras capable of 4MP (1440p) resolution and higher.
- A Recorder with H.265 video compression - Ensures efficient video streaming and the most manageable file sizes to maximize your video storage space.
- Excellent Infrared Night Vision - This will allow you to see what’s going on indoors or outdoors, even in complete darkness. Be sure to check the number of LED lights that come with the security cameras to be linked to your phone, the viewing angle, and the night vision range.
- Easy App Navigation - The mobile app should be easy to use and navigate, or else you’ll have trouble viewing security cameras connected to your cell phone live. You can link your smartphone or tablet to CCTV Security Pros recorders by simply scanning a QR code.
- Seamless Phone Connectivity - Sometimes, viewing security cameras live on your cell phone may cause network interference on your phone. Check whether the app offers different viewing modes to suit network conditions.
Get Started Today
Whether you’re considering dome, bullet, PTZ, or wireless security cameras, CCTV Security Pros is committed to helping every customer design the perfect surveillance system for their home and business security needs. Our commercial-grade solutions come with free USA unlimited support so you can get all the help you need when linking security cameras to your cell phone.