Security cameras are becoming more and more popular. If you're thinking about purchasing a new security camera system for your business or home, you should keep a few things in mind to find the very best system for your property and make the process easy from purchase to installation.
What Features Should You Look For?
When you're in the market for a new security camera, it's important to know what features to look for. With all the new technology on the market, it can be overwhelming to try and figure out which system is right for you. You can also shop by camera feature to find a new system with the features you need.
- Resolution: The first thing you'll want to look at is the camera's resolution. The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the image. Choose between 1080p, 2K, and 4K ultra HD options for the technology of your new security camera. Higher resolution cameras get a better picture of fine details at further distances.
- Frame Rate: The next thing to consider is the frame rate. This is how many frames per second the camera can capture. The higher the frame rate, the smoother the video will be.
- Infrared Night vision: This is a must-have for any new indoor and outdoor security camera. You never know when you'll need to see your home or business surveillance footage at night. Invest in new security camera systems with long-range night vision.
- Weatherproofing (IP67): If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions, it's important to get a camera that can withstand the elements. Look for a camera rated for extreme temperatures and can stand up to snow, rain, and wind.
- Remote Viewing: With today's technology, you should be able to view your camera footage from anywhere in the world. Look for a system that offers remote viewing through a smartphone app or web portal.
- Motion Detection: This is a great feature if you want to be alerted when someone is on your property. Look for a new security camera that offers adjustable motion detection sensitivity so you can tailor it to your needs.
- Wide Angle Viewing: This is important if you want to see a large area with your camera. Look for a camera with a wide field of view so you can keep an eye on everything.
- Wide Dynamic Range: This is a great feature to have if you want to be able to see in low light conditions. It allows the camera to adjust the exposure so you can see what's going on even when there isn't much light.
- Starlight - Low Light Performance: This is the latest night vision technology for security cameras. It allows the camera to see in near-total darkness. If you need to be able to see at night, this is the feature you want.
- H.265 Video Compression: This is the latest video compression standard, and it offers better quality video at lower bitrates. If you want to save space on your hard drive, this is the feature you want.
- Vandalproofing (IK10): This is a must-have for any new outdoor security camera. You want a camera that can withstand being hit by a rock or thrown object.
These are just some of the features to look for when shopping for a new security camera. With all the new security camera technology on the market, it's important to know what features you need so you can find the perfect system for your home or business.
Where are You Going to Place the Security Cameras?
Where do you want or need to place the security cameras? This may be inside your home, outside on your property, or both. Security camera placement plays an important role in keeping your home or business safe, so it's worth figuring out where you want to put them. If you're not sure where to start, here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding on security camera placement:
- The area you want to cover: You'll need to decide which areas of your property you want to keep an eye on with your new security cameras. This could be the front door, back door, driveway, yard, or all of the above.
- The type of camera: There are different types of new security cameras and systems to choose from, so you'll need to decide which one is right for each location. For example, if you want to keep an eye on the front door, you might want a camera that has night vision or is weather-resistant.
- The field of view: Once you've chosen a location for your security camera, you'll need to decide how much of an area you want it to cover. This will help you determine which type of camera to choose. For example, if you want a new security camera that covers a wide area, you might want to choose one with a wide-angle lens.
- The power source: You'll need to ensure your security cameras are properly powered. This could mean running wires to each location or choosing wireless cameras that can be powered by batteries.
- The angle: You'll also need to decide on the angle you want to mount your security cameras. This will depend on the location and the field of view you want to capture. Ensure your cameras are not facing any direct sun, as this can cause glare and make it difficult to see the footage.
Why Do You Need New Security Cameras?
The answer to this question is usually pretty simple: your old security cameras are no longer cutting it. They might be out of date, they might not be able to handle the demands of your business, or they might just be in need of an upgrade. If you've been using the older analog security cameras, that means you need new security camera technology, such as the latest IP security cameras.
You might also be looking to install new security cameras in your new home, apartment, business location, or other property. You may also be planning to add new CCTV cameras to your property to expand your security system. Whatever the reason, it's critical to ask yourself exactly why you need new cameras. Here are common reasons:
- To Improve Security: If you feel like your current security system is insufficient, or if you want to add another layer of protection, new cameras can help.
- To Deter cCrime: The presence of security cameras has been shown to act as a deterrent to potential criminals.
- To Monitor Activity: You might want to keep an eye on things even when you're not physically present. This can be your kids and pets or even employees.
- To Collect Evidence: If a crime does occur, footage from your new security cameras can be invaluable in identifying and prosecuting the perpetrator.
- To Improve Customer Service: In some businesses, such as retail stores or restaurants, security cameras can help managers keep an eye on things and make sure that customers are happy.
- To Comply With the Law: In some cases, such as in banks or casinos, security cameras are required by law.
Once you know why you need new security cameras, you can start thinking about what kind of system will work best for you. That brings us to our next question.
What Type of Security Cameras Do You Need?
The next step in choosing a security camera is to decide what type of camera you need. The type of new security camera technology will determine the available features, the price point, and how difficult it will be to install. There are different types of security cameras:
- Infrared bullet security cameras: These are long, cylindrical cameras that are best for outdoor use. They are weatherproof and can be mounted on walls or ceilings. They also come with infrared night vision, so you can see even in low-light conditions.
- Dome cameras: These are round, dome-shaped cameras that are best for indoor use. They can be mounted on ceilings or walls and usually have a wider field of view than bullet cameras.
- Wireless cameras: These are small, battery-powered cameras that can be placed anywhere in your home or office. There are lots of new security camera options available, however, we recommend wired cameras for more professional-grade systems.
- PTZ controllable cameras: These are cameras that can be controlled remotely to pan, tilt, and zoom in on a certain area. They're perfect for monitoring large areas like parking lots, warehouses, and office buildings.
Once you know what type of camera you need, you should also consider what type of new security camera system best suits your needs. You have two options:
- Network IP security cameras (ethernet/CAT5 cable): These are hardwired cameras that connect to your home or office network using Ethernet/CAT5 cable. These cameras transmit video footage via PoE technology. This new security camera technology offers better quality video and is less likely to lose their connection. IP CCTV cameras are the industry standard for new security cameras. They offer high resolutions ranging from 1080p to 4K Ultra HD. They connect to network video recorders (NVRs).
- HD-CVI security cameras (coax cable): These cameras connect to digital video recorders (DVRs) using a coaxial cable. They offer resolutions up to 1080p and are a good option if you already have a coaxial cable infrastructure in place. This is a cost-effective upgrade if you're upgrading from an analog security system.
Once you know what type of security camera system you need, the next step is to look at installing it.
Can You Install the Security Cameras Yourself?
One of the great things about many of the new security cameras on the market is that they are very easy to install yourself. This can save you thousands of dollars as you don’t need to hire a professional installer. However, before you purchase a security camera, it’s important to make sure that you will be able to install it yourself.
That's why you need to buy new security cameras and systems from a reputable company that provides everything you need to install your surveillance system.
- Everything needed, including new security cameras, recorder, and accessories
- Easy to follow instructions
- Helpful tech support to guide you through the process
- Surveillance signs for deterrence
- Proven surveillance technology for their new security cameras
Wired Security Cameras and Systems | Top Suppliers
In today's world, ensuring the safety and security of our homes and businesses has become of utmost importance. Wired security cameras (aka CCTV Cameras) provide us with peace of mind by allowing us to monitor our surroundings and deter potential threats. However, with the vast number of options available on the internet, it can be challenging to determine which brands offer the best value and performance. In this article, we will explore the main competitors of wired security cameras and systems on the internet and delve into their unique features and offerings. This will enable you to make an educated buying decision and choose the best security camera system for your needs.
- Overview: Lorex is a well-established brand in the security camera industry, known for its high-quality and reliable wired camera systems.
- Key Features: Lorex offers a wide range of wired security cameras that boast advanced features such as high-resolution imaging, night vision capabilities, and weatherproof designs.
- Unique Selling Points: Lorex cameras often come equipped with cutting-edge technology like color night vision, allowing for enhanced visual clarity even under low-light conditions.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have reported that the initial setup process for Lorex cameras can be a bit complex and may require technical expertise.
- Price Range: Lorex wired security cameras are available at various price points to suit different budgets.
- Overview: Swann is another reputable name in the wired security camera market, offering a comprehensive range of surveillance solutions.
- Key Features: Swann cameras are known for their high-definition video quality, wide viewing angles, and efficient motion detection capabilities.
- Unique Selling Points: Swann's camera systems often include advanced features like face recognition technology, allowing users to easily identify familiar faces.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have mentioned that the mobile app provided by Swann for remote viewing can be somewhat glitchy at times.
- Price Range: Swann offers wired security camera options at varying price points, making them accessible to a wide range of customers.
3. CCTV Camera World
- Overview: CCTV Camera World specializes in providing professional-grade wired security camera solutions to businesses and homeowners alike.
- Key Features: CCTV Camera World offers a diverse selection of cameras, including bullet cameras, dome cameras, and pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras, catering to different surveillance needs.
- Unique Selling Points: The company places a strong emphasis on customer support, offering technical expertise and guidance to ensure customers have a smooth and successful setup experience.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have noted that the user interface for CCTV Camera World's mobile app could be more user-friendly.
- Price Range: CCTV Camera World offers wired security camera systems that range from affordable options to more advanced, higher-priced systems.
- Overview: Hikvision is a globally recognized brand known for its cutting-edge technology and innovation in the security industry.
- Key Features: Hikvision's wired security cameras often incorporate advanced features such as artificial intelligence-based video analytics, enabling intelligent event detection and tracking.
- Unique Selling Points: Hikvision's cameras are designed with durability in mind, utilizing sturdy construction and weatherproofing to ensure long-lasting performance even in harsh environments.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have mentioned that the user interface for Hikvision's software can be overwhelming for beginners.
- Price Range: Hikvision offers a wide range of wired security cameras at various price points, allowing customers to choose according to their specific needs and budgets.
- Overview: Dahua is a leading provider of wired security camera systems, renowned for its innovative solutions and advanced surveillance technology.
- Key Features: Dahua's cameras feature high-resolution image sensors, wide dynamic range (WDR) technology, and intelligent video analysis capabilities for precise monitoring.
- Unique Selling Points: Dahua offers a comprehensive lineup of wired security cameras suitable for various applications, including outdoor, indoor, and even specialized solutions like license plate recognition cameras.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have expressed concerns about compatibility issues when integrating Dahua's cameras with third-party software.
- Price Range: Dahua provides wired security camera options at different price points, offering flexibility for customers with varying budgets.
- Overview: Amazon is not only a convenient online shopping platform but also a marketplace where wired security cameras from various brands can be found.
- Key Features: Amazon offers a vast selection of wired security cameras, allowing customers to compare different brands, models, and customer reviews before making a purchase.
- Unique Selling Points: With Amazon, customers enjoy the convenience of a trusted platform, competitive pricing, and often benefit from Amazon Prime's fast and reliable shipping options.
- Drawbacks: While Amazon provides a platform for multiple brands, it may require additional research to evaluate the reputation and customer feedback for each specific camera brand and model.
- Price Range: The price range of wired security cameras on Amazon varies widely, depending on the brand, features, and specifications.
7. Best Buy
- Overview: Best Buy is a well-known electronics retailer that offers a diverse range of wired security cameras from different brands, both in-store and online.
- Key Features: Best Buy provides customers with a comprehensive selection of wired security cameras, ensuring there are options to suit different surveillance requirements and preferences.
- Unique Selling Points: Best Buy's knowledgeable staff can provide expert advice and guidance to assist customers in selecting the most suitable wired security camera system for their specific needs.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have mentioned that Best Buy's pricing may be slightly higher compared to other online platforms or direct manufacturer purchases.
- Price Range: Best Buy offers wired security cameras at various price points, catering to customers with different budgets and requirements.
8. CCTV Security Pros
- Overview: Based in the USA, CCTV Security Pros is a specialized provider of professional-grade wired security camera systems, focusing on delivering robust and reliable surveillance solutions. They do more than just sell systems. CCTV Security Pros offers free USA technical support for the life of the products. Most of their cameras are also NDAA compliant and can be used in government and related applications.
- Key Features: CCTV SecurityPros offers a range of wired security cameras designed for both indoor and outdoor use, featuring high-definition video quality, remote viewing capabilities, and robust build quality. Cameras include bullet, dome, PTZ, license plate, fisheye, motorized, and security cameras with audio. You are able to mix and match these cameras as needed.
- Unique Selling Points: CCTV SecurityPros provides comprehensive pre-sales support, including free system design and consultation, ensuring customers receive tailored recommendations for their security needs. CCTV Security Pros offers the latest cutting edge products, refreshing their inventory every 90 days.
- Drawbacks: Some customers have mentioned that the pricing for CCTV SecurityPros' systems may be higher compared to other competitors or box stores, however, they are very fast to mention that the products and service is superior to the competition.
- Price Range: CCTV SecurityPros primarily caters to customers who prioritize advanced features and professional-grade equipment, resulting in a higher price range for their wired security camera systems. Their customers are looking for something of value, and CCTV Security Pros delivers many great features with no monthly fees.
Want to know more about our products? Read Everything You Need to Know Before Buying Security Camera Systems.
When it comes to choosing the most suitable wired security camera system, it is essential to consider various factors such as brand reputation, specific needs, features, and budget. The competitors mentioned in this article, including Lorex, Swann, CCTV Camera World, Hikvision, Dahua, Amazon, Best Buy, and CCTV SecurityPros, each offer their unique strengths and considerations. By thoroughly assessing their offerings and comparing them with your requirements, you can make an informed decision to ensure the safety and security of your premises.
*Be Carefull - If this is for a government installation, be sure to buy NDAA compliant systems.
Buying Professional-Grade Security Cameras
Don't forget that if you're looking for a new, professional-grade security camera system, you'll need to purchase ideal cameras for your surveillance needs. Whatever you need, you can be sure that CCTV Security Pros brings you the widest selection of new security cameras and systems for your needs. Find security cameras by business:
- Stores & Shops
- Small Business
- Construction Sites
- Parking Lots
- Boats & Docks
Shop at CCTV Security Pros and enjoy remote mobile viewing via PC, smartphone, or tablet at no monthly fees, easy setup by scanning a QR code on the camera, unlimited USA-based support, a 3-Year warranty, free shipping, and a 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days.
Call 888.653.2288 to speak with a security expert for help finding or customizing the best system. We're here to help find the best new security cameras.
|Call a Security Pro
Monday – Friday (10 AM – 6 PM EST)