When you invest in a professional security system for your property, you’ll want to get the best out of it, and nothing beats the convenience of remote viewing. Being able to see your security camera live feed from anywhere at any time is a huge benefit for business owners and homeowners.
Here are a few simple ways to watch your security cameras live right on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Live View via PC Software or Mobile App
- Download and install the client PC software or mobile app
- Launch the software or app and securely add the security camera using a QR code located on the recorder.
- Configure your surveillance settings to match your monitoring needs
- Click the camera and you can see the live feeds inside and outside your property
It’s always advisable to use the security system manufacturer’s PC software or mobile app to access the camera for security and reliability reasons. Viewing live security camera footage on mobile devices like phones, tablets, and even laptops is particularly popular because of the flexibility and convenience it offers to homeowners and businesses who need to keep an eye on their loved ones, family, as well as business assets when they’re away.
Security Camera Live Feed via Web Browser
To view your security cameras via web browser, you’ll need to do port forwarding. Although security cameras are different and every manufacturer has their own rules for accessing live footage on web browsers or other devices, it’s possible to get it done in these simple steps:
- Find your security camera’s IP address
- Open a browser of your choice and type in the IP address
- Enter login information
- Find the HTTP port number used by the cameras and change the port number
- Reboot the security camera so you can save the changes
- Log into your network router and set up the port forwarding rules
- Check the WAN IP address of your network router
- You can now log into the camera by entering the IP camera URL address so you can watch a live feed of your security cameras
Live View Without Internet
If you have a high definition security camera system and want to enjoy live viewing but don’t have an internet connection. The good thing is that you can still watch your security camera live feeds on your PC or mobile even without internet. You can do it in different ways.
- Have No WiFi? You can use 4G LTE Cameras
If you want to enjoy remote access to your security camera live stream, you should opt for 4G cameras that can send out live feeds with cellular data from a sim card that’s supported by some of the major mobile network providers. While these cameras also support WiFi connections, they can ensure you enjoy live camera feeds in instances where WiFi is out of reach and you need to view your cameras live.
- Live View Via IP Cameras
Enjoying live camera feeds from IP cameras is easy when you don’t have an internet connection. So long as the cameras are connected to the same local area network (LAN), you simply need to plug them into a router and power them to enjoy live feeds via PC or even mobile. The router broadcasts the security camera live feeds on its own wireless network.
- Live Video Via a Network Video Recorder (NVR)
With a complete NVR security system, there’s a private network created between the NVR and the devices connected to it, where the security cameras live streams can easily be transmitted. Simply connect your NVR system to a monitor and you can view live security camera feeds. Or you can even connect your security cameras to your PC to watch live videos without a router network, a DVR or NVR, or WiFi, without complex configurations or any fees.
Get Started With CCTV Security Pros
If you want to enjoy reliable and convenient security camera live feeds on any internet enabled device like your PC, tablet or mobile phone, or even via any other way mentioned above, we welcome you to talk with us at CCTV Security Pros. As leading providers of commercial-grade security systems, we can help you customize your security system to meet your needs.
Call us at 888.653.2288 or get in touch with us online.